Packed full of DELICIOUS ingredients this BlueMajiik cheesecake will knock your socks off with an all-natural blue colour and anti-inflammatory properties.
Don’t worry, BlueMajik doesn’t taste as strong as regular spirulina and the lemon juice helps to counteract any unwanted flavour.
Recipe type: Dessert/ healthy snack (great for the 3.00pm slump).
For the base:
100g – mix of almonds, macadamia, walnuts
½ cup almond flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp Pure Canadian Maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp Himalayan salt (ground version)
For the cheesecake filling base mix:
2 cups cashews (soak over night or for a minimum of 4 hours)
1tbsp Vanilla essence
¼ tsp fine Himalayan salt
Juice 1.5 lemons
½ cup coconut oil
50g cacao butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
For the white layer:
½ the cheesecake filling base ixture
½ peeled courgette (cubed)
Handful of frozen berries
For the blue layer:
½ the cheesecake filling base mix
4 scoops of our BlueMajik powder
½ peeled courgette (cued)
A handful of edible flowers
3 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
- Start by lining a brownie tin (20cm/8"x20cm/8"x6cm/1.5") with greaseproof non-sick paper and set to one side.
- For the base, combine all of the ingredients and process until a sandy texture (have a nibble, if it reminds you of biscuit crumbs it's done!). Pour in the base mixture and 'knuckle' it in until evenly distributed. Place in the freezer until needed later.
- For the cheesecake filling base mix place the coconut oil, cacao butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar over a bain-marie, on a low heat, until fully melted. This could take around 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients for the cheesecake filling base mix into the food processor and process until smooth. Remove your mix from the bain-marie and combine with the rest of the white chocolate filling. Process until smooth. Divide the mixture into two equal portions.
- Add one portion to your food processor and add in your peeled and cubed courgette. Blend until smooth and fluffy. Remove your base from the freezer and pour in the white cheesecake mix, spreading evenly with a spatula. Place into the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes before scattering over your frozen blueberries. Return to the freezer until set solid.
- Whilst you are waiting for your white layer to set blend up the remaining portion of cheesecake mixture that you set aside and blend in your BlueMajik until evenly distributed. Next blend in your courgette until light and fluffy.
- Remove your cheesecake from the freezer and pour over your BlueMajik mixture. Spread evenly with an offset spatula for a smooth finish and place back into the freezer until set solid.
- Remove from the freezer and slice using a hot, damp chef's knife. Be sure to wipe after each cut to create a clean line. Decorate the slices with edible flowers and chopped pistachios.
*Prep time includes a 1 and half hour setting time
**All cup measurements used are UK cup measurements and so 1 cup = 250ml.